Saturday, February 04, 2012

Firefox Gloves 20962


I had visited “The Bike Store” at Palarivattom, Kerala today. I had searched around the vicinity and could find only this bike shop that hosted some decent accessories. They deal in Firefox, Trek, Giant etc. I guess that is a good service centre too, though I have no personal experience to testify it.

I wanted a helmet, a cyclocomputer, a pair of gloves and a good number lock. Though I didn’t get a helmet (In fact I didn’t get a good one from anywhere at all.), I got the remaining.

I am an average built person with average (don’t ask me how to define that.) hands. So I picked a pair of Firefox Gloves 20962, size “L” gloves from the choice of none else.

Firefox Gloves


Firefox gloves appear to be pretty decent for that price tag. I got one with yellow colored lining and the entire glove is synthetic. Nylon, perhaps.

The best thing about it is the lush gel padding on the palms. They are very comfortable and dampen quite enough vibrations and impact. I have used it for over 100 Kms and never once did I feel any tightening or any numbness or compression.

Firefox Gloves-Gel padding

The palmar surface is mesh-like and hence there is satisfactory heat dissipation due to which my palms have not got sweaty and wetty.

Another very good thing about the glove is that it has rubber paddings right over the knuckle area which are capable of protecting your knuckles from a good degree of lacerations if at all you fall.


The material covering the thumb area has a good texture that gives it excellent grip.
The major downside is the overall stitch quality. It is very flimsy at some areas like the ‘finger-holes’. Also the synthetic material used to line the medial side of each fingers appear to be another vulnerability.


Making a final verdict, the Firefox gloves are just OK fine, China made gloves and for a price tag of 350 /-Rs, it is fair enough for a casual commuter like me. Though I am currently a satisfied user, I am already thinking of an upgrade. That is just a ‘human thing’, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment