Monday, February 06, 2012

The story so far! (as told to my Bikes Zone Friends)


Pappu Can Bike Saala!

Postby cXing » February 7th, 2012, 1:47 pm
Hola BZ!
They call me cXing..Huh? OK, at least I myself do.
I sincerely have no idea how to extend my gratitude to Bikeszone. Please assume that I have “Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V’d” here all the praise and wishes given to BZ throughout the posts. Simply because they all have done it a zillion times and they have done it very well.
It’s mostly because of all these topics and posts in BZ that I ended up getting myself a bike costing 20 thou INR which is quite the double of my budget. However, today I am a very happy person and I would like to share my story to the biking community.
So, let me arrange the events chronologically and make the 5-month long story short to 5-minutes.
1. September 2011: My colleague buys a Hercules Rodeo Torrent IC for around 10,000 bucks.
2. September 2011 to 18th December 2011: I kept condemning my colleague for shelling out sooo much for a ‘cycle’. We frequently had heated arguments and debates on bike topics for months.
3. 18th December 2011: Googled-up “cycling” for the first time in my life. Then I stumble upon http://www.bikeszone.com . Soon I realized that I was involuntarily searching for an ideal bike that would suit my needs.
4. 18th December 2011 to 21st January 2012: More than a month of intensive net scavenging. Bike forums, blogs, manufacturer sites, public opinion, local bike store visits and what not!! Have you, at BZ, encountered any server overload or breakdown lately? Well, between us, it could be just me. I was so voraciously into BZ! Gosh!!! So many useful and informative stuffs!! You should deem BZ as a University soon enough!
5. 21st January 2012: Biking catches hold of my nerves so tight that I end up creating a blog!!! Do check it out folks- http://www.cyclistscrossing.blogspot.in

[I got to tell you guys that I am as new to blogging as I am to biking. My friends are already praising me with verses like..”Saala!! this bloody cXing does not even have a tricycle and yet he has started a bike blog!! Crazy &#@#$% !!!
So pardon me if it is too naive or if I have made too many mistakes. I could see that a lot of dudes here have awesome blogs, all very informative, entertaining and inspiring. So I think it is fine to seek help of you all in bike-blogging as comfortably as seeking help regarding biking itself.]


6. 4th February 2012: The choice is made, all plans are set and off I go bike shopping! But fate had something else in store for me. All ATMs and online money transfers were down due to some network jam. So all I could buy was a cyclocomputer (Sigma BC 506), Number lock (Firefox) and a pair of gloves (Firefox). I returned home totally wrecked and spent an entire sleepless night cursing ATMs and online money transfers.
7. 6th February 2012: I headed straight to my LBS, first thing in the morning, assisted the store manager in opening the store, bought the bike..GT Transeo 4.0, made some fittings, rode back to work, switched on the PC, opened BZ and got registered as a new member and here I am!!
That’s it!! Reborn and up-to-date!!
Future is always uncertain. We still can’t even get our weather forecast correct. I don’t know where all these endeavor will take me or what will become of me as a biker. But one thing is certainly certain. Getting into biking is a turning point in my life and I am sure that the road ahead is gonna be awesome. As for now, I am a very very happy person and that’s all I care about!!
Let no butts ache ever! Peace!!
P.S: Will definitely write a review of the bike and accessories..yeah that goes without saying. Right now I am too busy riding my bike around… :2thumbs

No comments:

Post a Comment